Arriving on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is Albert Pyun’s 1989 sci-fi-action film, “Cyborg”, starring Jean Claude Van-Damme. After the action star hit it big with “Bloodsport”, Cannon Film’s wanted to get Van-Damme in another project quickly. The studio placed him in this post-apocalyptic feature that utilized sets built for the defunct “Masters of the Universe” sequel and “The Amazing Spider-Man”. Thankfully, Pyun was able to put together a script that could take full advantage of these already constructed sets.
Sadly, this Collector’s Edition release does not include the “Slinger” director’s cut but we do get a stunning new 4K scan of the original film elements and that alone is worth the upgrade. We also get a new Making of Cyborg featurette as well as one on the film’s effects. “Cyborg” was never one of my favorite Van-Damme action flicks but I always found it to be fun and featured some of his best martial arts work. Fans will definitely want to ad this to their collection.
- NEW 4K Scan From The Original Film Elements
- NEW Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Albert Pyun
- NEW A Ravaged Future – The Making Of CYBORG – Featuring Interviews With Writer/Director Albert Pyun, Actors Vincent Klyn, Deborah Richter, And Terrie Batson, Director Of Photography Philip Alan Waters, And Editor Rozanne Zingale
- NEW Shoestring Fantasy – The Effects Of CYBORG – Featuring Interviews With Visual Effects Supervisor Gene Warren Jr., Go-Motion Technician Christopher Warren, And Rotoscope Artist Bret Mixon
- Extended Interviews From Mark Hartley’s Documentary ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE WILD, UNTOLD STORY OF CANNON FILMS With Writer/Director Albert Pyun And Sheldon Lettich
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
By: Marc Ferman