Arriving this week on Special Edition Blu-ray is the Chiodo Brothers’ 1988 horror-comedy classic, “Killer Klowns From Outer Space”. For fans of this cult classic (like myself), “Killer Klowns” remains one of the imaginative B-Movies ever produced. Yes, it is completely absurd, but it embraces its’ absurdity and allows the audience to have a great deal of fun with it. Not only are creature designs some of the most memorable, but so are the props. Cotton candy cocoons, popcorn guns, and a circus tent space ship are just a few of the genius elements on display.
Arrow Video has delivered a stunning new 4K transfer and this release is packed for of special edition content. My personal favorite addition would be the new HD transfers of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films. If you are a fan of “Killer Klowns From Outer Space” this release is a must own. Even if you already have the 2012 Blu-ray release, there is plenty of content here to justify the upgrade.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
- Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
- The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking – all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
- New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
- Tales of Tobacco an interview with star Grant Cramer
- Debbie s Big Night an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
- Bringing Life to These Things a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
- The Making of Killer Klowns archive production featurette
- Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
- Kreating Klowns archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
- Komposing Klowns archive interview with composer John Massari
- Klown Auditions
- Deleted Scenes with filmmaker s audio commentary
- Image Galleries
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
By: Marc Ferman