Arriving on Special Edition Blu-ray this week is Federico Fellini’s 1978 satirical film, “Orchestra Rehearsal”. This made-for-Italian television pseudo-documentary depicts an orchestra assembling to rehearse under the direction of a tyrannical conductor. This leads to the members going on strike. This was the final film in which Fellini collaborated with Nino Rota before the composer’s death the following year.
Arrow has delivered a brand new 2K restoration as well as a bonus content featuring film scholar Richard Dyer and biographer John Baxter. There is also an illustrated collector’s booklet with the first pressing.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements, produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original 1.0 mono sound
- Optional English subtitles
- Richard Dyer on Nino Rota and Orchestra Rehearsal, the film scholar talks about the great composer and his last collaboration with Fellini
- Orchestrating Discord, a visual essay on the film by Fellini biographer John Baxter
- Gallery featuring rare poster and press material on the film from the Felliniana collection of Don Young
- Reversible sleeve featuring two original artwork options
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Adrian Martin
By: Marc Ferman