Arriving this week on Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD is “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”. Reactions to this latest instalment have been mixed, but I am a fan. I believe Episode 8 is far more creative than Episode 7 which felt like it was taking too many elements from the original trilogy. Here, things feel fresh, although I do feel there are some issues.
As you can see below, “The Last Jedi” comes packed with tons of bonus features, including 14 deleted scenes and the documentary “The Director and the Jedi”. If you are a “Star Wars” fan, there is plenty of stuff here to keep you entertained for hours.
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
By: Marc Ferman