Arriving this week on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is Bryan Bertino’s terrifying “The Strangers”. Not only is the film celebrating its’ 10th anniversary, but the release is timed perfectly as the sequel/reboot, “The Strangers: Prey at Night” arrives in theaters this weekend. What surprises me most is that it has taken a decade for a follow-up to happen. “The Strangers” which stars Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as a couple being terrorized by three masked psychopaths is one of the best modern home invasion films I can think of.
Scream Factory has not only packed this release with new HD masters of the theatrical and unrated cuts but the second disk is filled with new interviews from Bertino, as well as the film’s editor and some of the cast. I love this film and so glad that it has been given the Collector’s Edition treatment. If you love horror, you should ad “The Strangers” to your collection.
- NEW HD Master Of The Theatrical Cut Taken From The 2K Digital Intermediate
- The Element Of Terror – Interviews With The Cast And Crew
- Strangers At The Door – Interviews With Writer/Director Bryan Bertino And The Cast
- Deleted Scenes
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- NEW HD Master Of The Unrated Cut Taken From The 2K Digital Intermediate
- NEW Defining Moments – An Interview With Writer/Director Bryan Bertino
- NEW All The Right Moves – An Interview With Actor Kip Weeks (Man In The Mask)
- NEW Brains And Brawn – An Interview With Actress Laura Margolis (Pin Up Girl)
- NEW Deep Cuts – An Interview With Editor Kevin Greutert
- Still Gallery
By: Marc Ferman